Sunday, January 20, 2008

Swimming.... there is something in the water up here!

Hi all,

I am on a mission to write on my blog with consistency.
It's all part of the big plan to be much more consistent in every aspect of triathlon.

One of the areas I have always been a little lazy in has been swimming. As an age grouper I was always in the top 1 or 2 swimmers. I figured this meant I could be a little lax in the pool. As a pro this just won't cut it. For one thing the best girls swim much faster than I could at the end of 07. I am being very pro-active in trying to make the grade and joined the local swim squad up here at Benora Pool.

What a reality check that was. Heck I thought I would be in about the middle of the pack... nuh ha. I am in the 13-17 year old chick lane and am getting PUMPED!!!!!
These girls are super fish. They make swimming look easy and I struggle just to hang on the back... actually thanks not true either. I get lapped on the long stuff. I cant even hang on. My only saving grace is that as the session comes to an end they do finally start to slow down and this old lady...that's what they call me... catches up and can cruse past a few of them.

I am sure that this daily humiliation will only lead to improved times in IM. I hate that these little ankle biters are laughing at me. No they really are. I am not being paranoid. I have only been tumble turning for 4 weeks and have not quite got the hang of it yet. It's all a bit messy. Never fear I will catch up.

I have just seen the Pucon race results and am super pumped for Triple L.... nice one cupcake.... she placed second in the 70.3. After an injury that ruined her Kona hopes this year it's nice to see her get a great result on the board this early in the season. 2008YOL!!!!!!

Stay tuned...
Memphis xo