Friday, January 25, 2008

Start Lists.

To look or not to look?

So you are training your backside off for IM NZ, you enter a 70.3 race as your season opener. The start list is put up. This will be your first pro race. Do you look? Does it matter? The only thing you are hoping for on race day is a PB. A podium for you is so NOT your reality as yet. It shouldn't matter who is on it. You will be racing yourself and the clock.

Curiosity killed this cat....well nearly. I looked, of course and now it is fair to say that I really shouldn't have.
I am now aware that this race is the most stacked race outside of Kona/Clearwater for the 08 season.
No I am serious at the end of the year I will look back at this field and this statement will be correct. Nothing like jumping into the fire. Head first.

CRAP!

No negative thoughts will enter my mind over the next two weeks.
Anything can happen. I may get super charged NOS injected shoes and be suddenly capable of a 1.25 half marathon. Ok so that's unlikely.

All I can do is repeat the following over and over :

I am at the beginning of my journey.
I am strong.
I train with belief and conviction every day.
I train without excuses.
I put all that I have into all that I wish to be.

Now this may not have me winning on the 10th but it will have me racing with the winners. I will be racing as hard as I can and I will know that I have trained so hard. Harder than I have ever before. I will know that even if I finish at the very end of the pro women's field I deserve to be there. I have earned my right to try. I am going to make myself proud no matter what.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Stay tuned for more ramblings of this slightly mental and now very nervious triathlete.

Love Memphis xo