Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A new year. Big challenges.

2008 is off to an amazing start with the very exciting news of signing with the American triathlon team, TEAM TIMEX.

As of January 1st 2008 I am now racing for Team Timex. I am one of the few International Pro Athletes on this team. I feel very privileged to have been offered this position in just my first year as a pro. I will have an incredible crew of support and sponsors. This is a huge opportunity and I am now training even harder to prove that their decision was a good one.

My first race will be the Geelong 70.3 Half Ironman race on the 10Th of Febuary. I am a bit nervous as I am really in training for Ironman New Zealand the field will be stacked full of amazing women. With the likes of World 70.3 Champ Mirinda Carfrae, Bek Keat, Mel Ashton and so on and so on I will be a long way off the pace but you have to start somewhere and I really need to get in one race before NZ.

You can watch the race on www.ironmanlive.com and also check out my new team on www.teamtimex.com

Also for those of you who have yet to read it there is a great article on the adventures of Jimmy and Memphis at www.xtri.com

Stay tuned
Memphis.