Monday, July 23, 2007

Vineman 70.3

What a great race!!!!!
I love vineman. It was the very first half ironman I ever competed in two years ago.
I had a great race especially since I rolled my ankle so badly.... it was fine on the day thank goodness. Lukey had the day off so I had some great support. I finished in 5.01 and placed 9th in my age group. The field was stacked and any other year that time would have been top 5 but those USA girls sure know how to run. My time was a PB again however and that was all I could do on the day. The 2 Kona slots that were available went to 6th and 7th which was heart breaking to be so close again. I am off to Belgium now for 3 weeks of super hard racing and training for IM Canada which is on the 26th of August. We will be riding in the french alps for some of our time and staying with our beautiful hosts Pierre and Myriam. The GT is left behind in their son´s hands. He is in SD learning to fly. I think we got the better deal. I will see my little sister Sarah and cousin Sonja in Antwerp which is so so exciting. Also long lost Alice will be coming to watch as well. She has been riding Italy and Swizerland for the last few weeks.