Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back in Bend

A week and a bit later we are back in Bend. Now I am not sure what happened in the week that we were away but someone turned the thermostat down and I am not happy about it. I actually recovered quite well and drank my way back into training. Red wine will heal all. After a 3 day break in Vegas visiting 3 of our awesome friends we flew home. I would go into details but as you all know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!! ( A massive thank you how ever goes out to our beautiful hosts)

We landed and no longer had the "Turtle" as she is parked safely in Louisville awaiting our return. After we picked up the little hire car and drove to Matt and Lea's house with a  quick stop by our Bend parents "Lady B and Big Daddy" to pick up all the mail and goodies sent by our awesome sponsors. 

The little house on the hill was suddenly very full. Matt , Lea, Luke , Milli the dog , Clyde the bobcat and myself. At least there are plenty of people to keep warm. This morning I left to go ride and it was 9.30 am and a mere 49 degrees. HECK! I looked quite the sight wearing Matt's warmers... Matt is 6 foot 2+ and I am 5'8. 

Apparently there was a light dump of snow up at 7000 ft last night. Time to go I say. Hawaii here we come!!! 

Stay tuned 

Memphis x