Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back on the mainland

Wow what a few days it has been since returning from Hawaii. We had some very important business to attend to in San Diego and we headed down in the Golden Turtle. Luke and I spent the weekend training up a storm on our old stomping grounds. It is was the final weekend before we drive up to Bend and then head out to Japan. Around running and riding the fabulous 101 we managed to fit in all the important grown up stuff and friend visits that were way over due.

With the "GT" all re-registered we packed up camp and headed north. A quick 2 day stop in Agoura Hills to visit K-Swiss and pick up our super sonic race kits and racing shoes and we will be ready to go on this trip. Neither Luke or I have really spent any note worthy time in Japan so we are so excited.

Triathlon is actually a pretty small community so there will be quite a few people to see in Goto. Hawaii's Bree Wee is going to give the raining champ Naomi a bit of a run for her money. I can't wait to see her out there in only her second IM ever. Sarah Pollett another Aussie along with the Doc will also be waving the green and gold.

Keep an eye out on Ironmanlive for Luke in the men's pro field. As for me the new coach has yet to say I can race for sure. I have had such trouble recovering from IM China that I don't know what I will be doing race day. All I know for sure is that I will be getting in the water if all goes well.

If I can't not to worry I have an amazing race in Bali the next weekend to look forward to as well as IM Canada in August. Sometimes your health just has to come first.


Stay tuned and fingers crossed.

Memphis